The easiest place to find information about Arbor is to jump right into the Help Centre.
With hundreds of articles with step-by-step instructions (including searchable Census error codes and queries), videos and webinars to suit all types of learners, the Help Centre is your go-to place for learning how to use Arbor.
Our Help Centre is hosted on Zendesk.
Who can use the Help Centre?
The Help Centre can be used by anyone, whether:
- you're a partner
- you're a parent or guardian (you can use the resources, but the Support Team cannot support you)
- you're a student (you can use the resources, but the Support Team cannot support you)
- partner supported (you can use the resources, but the Support Team cannot support you)
- Arbor supported
Staff of any role are welcome to use the resources available!
There is no sign in required to access Help Centre resources, so you can use the resources at any point:
- If you are a looking to find out how Arbor works before getting started
- During your move to Arbor
- Current customers
How do I get to the Help Centre?
Get to the Help Centre by clicking Help Centre in the top right of your Arbor site. You can also jump to the Arbor Community from here, the area of the Help Centre where you can have discussions with other Arbor users. This article shows you how to join our Arbor Community.
- No need to search using a search engine e.g. Google, as this will include lots of other results.
- No need to bookmark your page, as you can jump right in from your Arbor site!
We'll take you to tailored guidance based on what page you're on in Arbor! For example here I've clicked from My Homepage.
Returning to the homepage
Click the logo in the top left of any article or Help Centre page to return to the homepage, just like on the MIS.
Do I need to log in?
You don't need to log into the Help Centre to read or watch any of our resources.
Logging in is only needed if you'd like to view and reply to your open requests with the Arbor Support Team.
Creating an account
Click the green Sign in button in the top right of the screen.
- If you already have an account, enter your email address and password. Please note that having an account on Arbor MIS will not automatically create an account on the Help Centre - you'll need to create one.
- If you don't have an account yet, click Sign Up. You'll then be sent a confirmation email - click the link in this email to set your password and log in.
If the login flags that you’ve already signed up, this will be due to you having previously contacted our Support Team. Customers who’ve contacted us for help previously will have been created as a user.
- Click Regular sign-in
- Select forgot my password
- Enter your email address
- Follow the link in the email you'll be sent to choose a password
You can change your account details once logged in. Click your username in the top right.
- Click Change password to change your login details.
- Click My profile to edit your display name, photo etc.
What is the Chat icon?
In the bottom left of your screen, click on the 'Help' icon in the Help Centre, or 'Chat' from within your Arbor site to have articles suggested to you.
If you can't find what you're looking for, you can then begin chatting with a member of our Support Team. Click here for more help with using webchat.
On certain pages, you'll also have the option to access Arby.
How to find the right resource
On the homepage
You'll find our most relevant articles pinned right to the top for easy access.
Using the Search bar
We try to make sure you can find what you're looking for, but sometimes you might be using terminology or abbreviations we don't know yet, or different keywords another MIS uses. Try typing in alternate keywords or synonyms.
If you find the article you need but is called something else in Arbor, please let us know and we can add this to make it easier for other users to find this in the future!
Using the search results page
You can search for:
- a string of text or key words
- put a comma between words
- put your search within quotation marks to search for that exact phrase
If the article doesn't pop up, try hitting Enter to access the full results list. This will include Community posts, as well as Help Centre articles made by our team. Search results show how to navigate to the resource under the title (called a breadcrumb):
- Community posts will show Community below the title.
- Articles will show what area of Arbor the article is about below the title. You may also see other labels such as Video or Training, which are resources articles in a video format.
To filter down your results to just our guidance, select Articles from the left-hand menu.
When you click on an article, you'll see the same breadcrumb above the title. You can click any part of the breadcrumb to jump into that section of resources.
Browsing in a section
Our resources are split into topics, so if you are struggling to find what you need or simply want to learn about a particular area within Arbor, click on the topics on the Help Centre homepage.
Click into a topic to find sub-topics and articles.
Searching your current page for keywords
You can search a web page for keywords - particularly useful when:
- You want to narrow down a big article to the bit that's relevant for you
- You want to search a section for a relevant article
Hit Ctrl+F (on Windows PC, Chromebook, or Linux system), or Command+F (on a Mac) on the keyboard.
Top Tip: Some of our articles have dropdowns to expose more information. Make sure to open all of these before searching otherwise they won't be included in the search.
If you're not able to find the information you're looking for, you can click the I'm still stuck! button at the bottom of an article. This will take you to our Contact Us form.
At the bottom of every article, you can let us know if the article helped you.
The Arbor Roadmap shows you what we’re working on now, what’s coming up next, and those shiny new features and enhancements we’re looking to release a bit further down the road.
Our Product Team does not monitor the Help Centre or Community, so if you have feedback you should not post there.
You can see how to submit feedback here: Our Product Roadmap and how to submit feedback