If your school offers an OCR Cambridge National qualification, this will need to be set up on your Arbor site's Qualification Offerings page in order to make entries and assign candidates to their room and seat. The process of setting up a Cambridge National on Arbor is slightly different to most other qualifications (where you add an Award and are given a small number of Learning Units to select from) - this article goes through the steps you'll need to set up your Cambridge Nationals.
What will I need?
You'll need the OCR Entry Codes document for Cambridge Nationals, which can be found on their website's Entry Codes page. You should identify the overall Entry Code for the subject - for example, Creative iMedia J817. You'll also need the full Entry Codes for the subject's mandatory/optional Units you are offering, for example, R081 and R082A.
Setting up the Cambridge National qualification
- You'll first want to head to the Qualification Offering page via Students > Examinations.
- Next, click on the '+Add new' button. On the slideover menu, input your subject code (e.g. J817). This will then allow you to select the related Award from the drop-down box. Click 'Add offering' to add this Award.
- You'll then be taken to the Award page. Click the 'Back' button in the top-left to return to the Qualification Offering page.
- Click the '+Add new' button again, and this time search for your first Unit. You'll need to type the full code for the unit, such as R042A or R042B - if you don't include the final letter, Arbor won't be able to look up the unit successfully. Once the result is displayed, select it and click 'Add offering'.
- You'll then be taken through to the page for the unit. Scroll down to the Manually Linked Awards section and click the 'Add' button. On the slideover menu, type in the award code, select it from the drop-down menu and click 'Add offering'. This process creates a link between the unit and the award, enabling you to easily make entries for both at the same time.
- Once you've added the linked award, click the 'Save Offering' button, then click the 'Back' button in the top-left to return to your Qualification Offering page.
- If you need to add another unit for the award, repeat steps 4-6 for that unit's code.
- Once you've added in all the units you require, the next time you view the award, you should see all the units in the Manually Linked Units section.
After completing these steps, you can then make your entries. We'd recommend using the Entries by Student Group page for this, as you will be able to enter candidates for both awards and units at the same time, as shown below.