When completing Step 3 of the New School Year Setup process, you’ll need to enrol your Applicants into Registration Forms and year groups (as you’ve now set them up), then enrol them in your school. If you haven’t yet added your applicants to Arbor, follow this article to add them.
We recommend completing the process to enrol your applicants now (before the start of the year).
- They won’t be currently enrolled students until the start of the new academic year! Anything you set up now won’t take effect until the first day of your next academic year.
- Students will already be included in the right attendance registers in September - saving you time.
- You won't have any students missing from attendance registers - saving you and teachers stress, and safeguarding students as you know where they should be.
- If you need to make changes to your applicants after you’ve added them to Arbor, you can. It’s easy to remove the enrolment for any students who don’t take up their place. Just follow the instructions in this article to stop them from appearing in registers, communications and reports. You can also delete students who didn't join you following these instructions: Deleting a student.
There's a couple of reasons why you might want to wait to enrol your applicants.
- If you don't know which registration form applicants will be in yet, you can add them to a registration form and actually enrol them later on. Make sure you complete all the other steps in Step 3, then mark Step 3 as complete.
- If you are sure you want to wait until September to enrol your applicants, make sure you complete all the other steps in Step 3, then mark Step 3 as complete.
Put a reminder in your diary to revisit this step once you're ready to enrol your applicants.