If a student appears in a register when they are not supposed to be in the class, the teacher might give them an attendance mark by mistake when they shouldn't have one. There are a few reasons why this could happen, but they're all simple to solve using the instructions below.
Step 1 - Check their enrolments
Go to the Enrolment section of their student profile and check the Courses section. In this example, the student is in year 9 but has been accidentally added to Year 8 classes.
Follow the instructions here to remove them from incorrect registers: Deleting the enrolment in case of mistake
Step 2 - Check when they should be attending
There are a few cases why you might not want a student to appear in the register. Please click the links below for full details on how to manage each scenario.
- The student isn't attending your school yet: Staggered Start Dates for students starting later
- The student is a part-time nursery student - Changing the registers students appear in
- The student is dual registered - Registers and attendance for Dual Registration students
- The student is a part time post 16 student - Post-16 sixth form attendance and enrolment into registers
- The student has another class taking place at the same time which should take priority - Fix clashes where students are enrolled into multiple lessons