Before using exams in Arbor, you should ensure your centre is set up. Here you can also customise certain aspects of exam downloads and exports.
You'll need the Qualifications: Administer All Students permission to set up your centre and exams. If you don't have permissions, ask your administration team to give you permission using these instructions.
Set up your centre
To set up the exams area for your school, go to Students > Examinations > Administration > Centre Setup. Click anywhere you see an arrow icon to add information.
First, add the the school’s Centre Number.
The Centre number is a five-digit number that all schools (centres) entering candidates into exams need to have. It forms part of each candidate’s UCI number, a unique number allocated to all candidates that are entered for exams. Arbor only supports one Centre Number per site.
You don’t need to add Awarding Organisations, as these will appear when you add Qualifications.
Make sure your school's Exams officer(s) are listed. You can click on them to edit the assignment.
If there isn't anyone listed or you need to add further people, Exams Officers can be assigned to the role by giving them the Business Role of Exams Officer.
Default sitting times
Check your default sitting times - you can see further guidance on this here.
Customise your setup
Decide whether to show exam information on the Student Portal.
Add any custom text you want to display:
- at the top or bottom of printable labels
- at the bottom of candidate timetables
How to sort exam registers and candidate lists. You can select from:
- Candidate last name
- Candidate first name
- Candidate number
- Candidate seat
Whether to show Access Arrangement reasons on exam registers.
Once you have checked your centre setup, you'll need to add the awards and units your school is offering. There are different instructions depending on what type of qualification it is, and whether it is EDI or non-EDI. For more information on what EDI and Non-EDI qualifications are, click here.
- BTECs can be EDI (follow the instructions here: Setting up BTEC qualifications on Arbor) or non-EDI (follow the instructions here: Setting up and making entries into Non-EDI qualifications on Arbor).
- Cambridge Nationals can be EDI (follow the instructions here: Setting up Cambridge National qualifications on Arbor) or non-EDI (follow the instructions here: Setting up and making entries into Non-EDI qualifications on Arbor).
- For non-EDI exams, follow the instructions here: Setting up and making entries into Non-EDI qualifications on Arbor
- For EDI exams that are not BTECs and not Cambridge Nationals, follow the instructions here: Setting up EDI exam qualifications in Arbor
Article is closed for comments.