This article will show you how to complete the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile (EYFSP). You can see more information from the DfE on this here.
- To set up and manage DfE Assessments you'll need the School: Assessments: Administer permission
- To add marks in you'll need the School: Assessments: View permission or one of the Student Profile: Assessments: Administer All/My Students permissions.
If you don't have the permission, you'll need to ask your admin team to give you permission using these instructions.
Setting up the assessment
Go to Students > Assessment > DfE Assessment. If the template has already been added, you'll see it under the academic year drop-down menu.
If it hasn't yet been added, click the green Load Assessment Template button in the top-right of the page. Select the Foundation Stage Profile template from the drop-down menu.
Return to your standardised assessment dashboard and click +Add to create a new assessment.
Fill in the slide over with the students who will be taking the assessment, and add a date.
Please do not set your assessment date in the year before the assessment takes place. This is to prevent issues when uploading the CTF file to the Primary Assessment Gateway, as they will not be able to process the file properly if the assessment date is not in the same year as the assessment is taking place.
Marking the assessment
Clicking the assessment will then allow you to edit the assessment, analyse the assessment data or input marks.
When inputting marks, click on the blank box to select a grade to input.
You can also bulk upload marks by ticking the box beside students who all have the same mark and clicking the blue pencil icon to select the subject.
What marks can be used?
You can select between grades 1, 2 or A. You can read more about grading in the Early adopter schools: EYFS profile handbook on page 19.
Exporting the assessment marks via CTF to send to the Primary Assessment Gateway or the LA
To export the results via CTF go to Students > Assessments >DfE Assessments > Export Results.
Click +Add in the Current Assessment Results CTF Exports section and update the slide over with the data you want to export.
- Export Type - Choose the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Destination - Here you need to choose whether the CTF will be sent to either the Local Authority or the Testing Agency.
- Year Group - Select Reception, or leave this part blank if you want all the students that took the test to be chosen.
- Include only students enrolled on - This section automatically chooses the current date however you might have a student that has un-enrolled since the test was done. Make sure that the date reflects the enrolment date that includes all students who sat the test.
When happy with the settings, click the green Export button.
The CTF will then show as processing. You'll receive a notification when this is ready to download.
If you refresh your page, the CTF will show as Ready for download. Click where it says Ready for download.
Scroll down to the bottom of the slide over and click Download.
You can locate your file once you have downloaded it by right-clicking the download at the bottom of your page. Do not open the file. In Windows, select the 'View in folder' option.
Sharing End of Year reports with guardians
To print out the results to send to guardians you will need to print out the end of year reports. Go to Export Results from the left-hand menu then click the End Of Year Reports button on the right-hand side of the page.
Use the Bulk generate reports section to download a report for an entire year group, or use the Download report for single student section to create an individual report.
- If your school is still on the old existing framework, select Foundation Stage Profile.
- If your school is on the new framework, select Foundation Stage Profile (Early Adopter).
Click the green button when you're ready to download.
An individual report will download right away, but you'll need to wait for a notification to download reports in bulk.
Parents cannot see these reports in the Parent Portal or Arbor App. To share reports online you could:
- Use our External Report Cards feature
- Upload passwords or links into Arbor as User-defined fields and create a custom report, then send the details to students via a Mail Merge email.
- Share them outside of Arbor using email from a Sharepoint.
Please note we'll be unable to support with third-party systems, but feel free to jump over to the Community to chat to other schools.