If you'll be setting up your Arbor site from scratch, you'll want to make sure your most important data is brought in so you can comply with the DfE's statutory Census requirements.
- You can find further guidance on the School Census in Arbor here: School Census help and guidance
- The DfE also provides lots of guidance on their website you can use to help you complete the School Census. You can search for information and find links to more help from this page.
What data do we need to add to Arbor?
Alongside setting up your site, pastoral structure and timetable, you'll need to add your student data.
Lots of data about students that is required in the School Census will be brought in when you add them to your site. You'll need to import your students using CTFs by following these instructions: Importing a CTF
You can see what data will be brought into Arbor using this method here: What is included in a CTF?
- Student names and Date of Birth
- Student Addresses
- Pupil identifiers such as UPNs
- SEN statuses and needs
- Previous attendance and schools
- DfE assessment results
- FSM eligibility
Using our Entity importer
Data that isn't included in CTFs will need to be manually added and checked in Arbor.
For some areas, this can be added in bulk by importing a spreadsheet. You can see a full list of these and how to import here: Entity Importer for setting up your site from scratch or adding new data
Some data will need to be manually added and checked - you can see these below:
- Service child - Add manually: Add a Service Child status on a Student Profile
- Student funding - You can use our Entity importer for Disability Access Funding (DAF) and Top Up Funding funding types, but you'll need to manually add other types using the bulk page: Adding top up funding to a student
- National Tutoring Programme hours - Add manually using the bulk page: Record the number of tuition hours
- Post looked after arrangements - Check these are correct: Looked After (In Care) Students
- Enrolment mode - Set to Single Registration by default, change manually where needed: Changing enrolment modes
- Entry date - Go to the Enrolment section of the student's profile and check if that date is correct. If it is not, please contact the Arbor Support Team if supported by Arbor, or your Support Partner if not supported by Arbor.
- Leaving date - Ensure all students who have left during the previous term haver been added to Arbor. Make sure they have then been given a Leaving Date.
- SEN Unit or Resources provision - Add manually to SEN status on student's profiles: SEN Statuses
- Alternative Provision (AP) placements - Add placement details manually: Recording Alternative Provision placement details
- School times - Add this here: Recording School Weekly Hours Open
Other data you can add later
Some information can be entered when completing your Census, so you won't need to add this information in until School Census time. This includes:
- Admission numbers and appeals (Spring Census only)
- Number of FSM meals taken (Spring Census only)
- Universal Free school meals taken on Census Day
- Part-time students
- Childcare offered by your school (Spring Census only)
You can see how you'd add this data in your Census Guide.