Ensure you have:
- The school’s Centre Number
- The name of your school's Exams officer
- Any text you want to display on the candidate labels
You'll need to add the awards and units your school is offering from Students > Examinations > Qualifications > Qualification Offering. Click the +Add new button to add a new Qualification.
In the slide over, find the award or unit. It is easiest to search by entering the QAN code. Click on the Award/Unit drop-down and select the exam, then click the green Add Offering button.
For Non-EDI qualifications, you can subscribe to the learning units on the next page.
When you click Save Changes, you can then add an assessable for each learning unit. Once you have chosen your assessables, click Create.
Top Tip: If you don't want to create an assessable for a learning unit right now, skip by removing the assessable code.
Once you have added your assessables, you will receive a message to the top-right of your screen.
You can view all Qualifications under their relevant headings at Students > Examinations > Qualifications > EDI/Non-EDI.
Candidates are added via Students > Examinations > Candidates > Internal Candidates.
Click +Add to add candidates in a variety of ways (by name/year group/course).
You can add your transferred candidates in this Candidates section.
Transferred students are students who need to sit an exam at a different school to the one that entered them – because they've moved house, been in the hospital, or other exceptional circumstances. For more guidance from AQA, click here.
There can be two types of Transferred candidates, Internal or External:
- Transferred Internal candidates: these are normally Dual Subsidiary students, who are entered into exams by your centre but must sit their exams at another centre. Results included for subject analysis purposes. These students will be shown on the Internal Candidates page.
- Transferred External candidates: candidates that a centre accepts for exam sitting purposes, but whose entries are made by another centre. No results are received so no analysis is possible. These students will be shown on the External/Previous Candidates page and can also be added here.
Candidate labels can also be printed from the Candidates pages once candidates have been added. Just tick the boxes next to the candidate names and click the blue pencil icon to select Print Candidate Labels. You can then choose what data to include on the label.
Candidate UCI and Candidate numbers (UCN)
If the students do not already have a UCI, you can add them from Students > Examinations > Candidates > Internal Candidates. Just click on the UCI field to update the information in the slide over.
You can also tick the students to automatically generate a UCI for then click the blue pencil icon and select Assign UCI.
To delete a UCI, click the UCI then click Delete.
You can add candidate numbers from Students > Examinations > Candidates > Internal Candidates. Just click on the field to update the information in the slide over.
You can also tick the students to automatically generate candidate numbers for, then click the blue pencil icon and select Assign Candidate Numbers.
Top Tip: Group all your candidates missing a number by clicking the column header.
You can't delete a candidate number, but you can click the field to edit it to a new value.