On your homepage on the School MIS, you'll see 7 attendance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which provide an overview of all currently enrolled students' attendance today compared to this year so far.
Top Tip: For your homepage on the MAT MIS, please see our guidance here: My Homepage on the MAT MIS
The figures on your School MIS homepage show:
- Current Enrolment - the total number of currently enrolled students today
- Attendance - a percentage statistic for present, counting all the students at your school no matter their age or if they are guest students
- Statutory Attendance - a percentage statistic for present, only counting students who are statutory school age who are not guest students
- Authorised Absent, Unauthorised Absent, Late - a percentage statistic for authorised absence, unauthorised absence and late, counting all the students at your school no matter their age or if they are guest students
- Persistent Absentees - called DfE Whole Year because this is set based on the DfE's definition of persistently absent for the year to date
You can also see National Average and National Percentile data to compare your attendance with other Arbor schools: Live National Benchmarks on My Homepage
How do the calculations work?
Today or Prev 7 days
We'll show data for the last 7 days when there isn’t any statistical attendance for the day, either because a holiday is in place, or attendance hasn't been taken yet.
Once registers are opened and have been taken, you'll see data for Today.
Students counted in this metric are:
- Students who have an Enrolment Mode today that is not Guest: Adding guest students and changing enrolment modes
- And who also were aged 5 - 15 (inclusive) at the beginning of the current academic year (31st August).
If you have any feedback, please add it here: School MIS - Statutory Attendance KPI
Calculation and considering
Hover over a KPI to see more information in a pop up:
- Calculation - this figure tells you how many roll call attendance marks your figure is based on.
- Considering - this figure tells you how many students your figure is looking at attendance for.
In the example below, you can see there are 1012 students, and 1017 attendance marks. 922 of these 1017 marks are present marks.
You'd expect the number of marks to be similar to the number of students in the AM once attendance is taken, and around double the number of students in the PM once attendance is taken. This is because your students have two roll call periods per day. This will of course be slightly different if you have students on a reduced timetable and they don't attend for a roll call session.
The example below shows attendance after AM roll call. It shows 1017 rather than 1012 because there was a register for the afternoon opened early by adding an absence from the Bulk Edit Marks page.
Can we change the KPIs?
Please note that it is not possible to change the KPIs or how they work: Can I change the KPI measures or edit the dates on My Homepage?