Alerts are system notifications to let you know when important information has been added.
- The most recent alert will show at the top.
- You can dismiss the alert by clicking x. Once you have dismissed an alert, it will disappear from your Alerts list.
- You can click into any item to be taken to the page where you can complete further actions, such as seeing the pinned note.
Click the top of the section to see all your Alerts. Here you can dismiss them in bulk by selecting the alerts and clicking the Bulk actions button.
If you don’t have any Alerts, you’ll see this.
Can we turn off alerts?
Please see our guidance here: Can I turn off Alerts e.g birthday alerts?
Can we choose the alerts?
You can’t create your own alerts, or choose which alerts are sent because they are automatically generated.
What alerts are there?
Here you'll see:
- pinned notes - more details here: Items you can pin on the student profile for Safeguarding and Alerts
- custom groups (if you've been set up to receive an alert) - more details here: Setting up Alerts for Custom Groups
- safeguarding notes (if you have the permission to view safeguarding notes) - more details here: Alerts for safeguarding notes on My Homepage
- detentions issued for your students - more details here: See students given a detention with an alert
- Suspensions that overlap with an existing planned absence: Alert for Attendance Officers
Why don't I have any alerts - who do they show for?
You'll only see alerts for students if you are their:
- Form tutor, Academic lead, or teacher of a class (must be assigned to the class, not just to the timetable slots)
- Head of Year or Head of House (must be assigned in the Students > Enrolments section, not just have the Business Role)
- Lead staff member of an Intervention (must be assigned to the intervention, not just to timetable slots)
- Teacher of a Teaching Group
- Head or Second of Department or Faculty
Alerts will only show if there has been an event that would mean an alert should be sent, such as a new pinned note, or a birthday for one of your linked students today.